We’re looking for someone to join our Product Development team, to help us develop world class, quality sportswear and accessories. We are looking for someone highly creative, with impeccable work ethic and a passion for everything fitness and fashion, to join our team! 💪
You will be responsible for designing, researching, sketching, creating tech packs and handling the production process of new products and ranges. The successful candidate should be able to design all aspects of sportswear, performance clothing and functional fashion accessories.
You will be working alongside the Design Director to plan all future collections and will need to stay on top of the global fashion trends and apply it in true Burnt design style.
We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company and we need someone who will thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Tertiary Education in Fashion Design
- A Minimum of 2 years' experience at a clothing manufacturer / fashion retailer in the design department
- Practical knowledge of garment construction, engineering fabrics and trims
- Keen interest in sports/performance clothing and accessories
- Good understanding of performance fabrics
- Experience in the design of performance wear is highly beneficial
- Ability to source fabrics and trims locally and internationally
- Highly skilled in Adobe Suite (Illustrator)
- Strong technical skills in preparing CAD / technical drawings
- Creation and development of tech packs
- Handling multiple styles in production and following through from first sample to final product
- Research trends under the design direction and assist in creation of all design materials and mood boards
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Very good understanding of the fitness and fashion industry
- Must be based in Cape Town area
- The position is full time
- Start date: Feb, March 2022
- Office based in Woodstock, Cape Town
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Use subject: Apparel & Accessories Designer
Selected candidates will be emailed or called.
If you have not heard back within 7 days of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
We can’t wait to hear from you and welcome the next member of the #OrangeTagTribe to the team! 🔥